PCS Ltd was founded in the 1850s by Peter Camilleri and is now managed in the 5th Generation by Peter Camilleri. We supply all the furniture fittings that are available worldwide through various companies we represent. We also supply melamine chipboards in numerous colours and sizes together with matching postformed door panels and kitchen worktops. Solid timbers are also available.
Peter Camilleri founded his business in the 1850s as a shipwright at Porto Nuovo in Marsa. Now the Malta Shipbuilding and for the next 50 years worked on several steamships, barques, brigantines and sailing yachts and also did work for H.M Dockyard, War Department and Civil Government.
In the beginning of the 20th century the company known as Peter Camilleri & Co started importing timber, building materials and cement and was involved in the construction of the breakwater in Valletta and various other projects like the construction of the ferry terminal at the ferries in Sliema.
In the 1960s the company name was again changed to Peter Camilleri and Sons Ltd were it was run by the 3rd generation and was one of Malta’s leading timber importers.
Today the company has been changed once again to PCS Ltd were it is run by Peter Camilleri who is the 5th generation
- I Hugh McCormick, Master of Schooner ‘HOPE’ of Liverpool takes great pleasure in recommending Peter Camilleri to anyone who may require his services as a shipwright having had him commissioned to caulk deck and make some spars and company of which gave me the highest satisfaction. Master of Schooner "HOPE" of Liverpool.
- This is to certify that Peter Camilleri & Co shipwrights, caulkers and spar makers have made yards repairs to iron work and caulked my vessel all over and given satisfaction, having given their attention to the work and moderate charges. I can cheerfully recommend any shipmaster wanting repairs to employ them in preference to any firm here as they do most of the work of English and American vessels and are reliable.
Master and owner of Brig ‘FIVE BROTHERS’
- I hereby certify that Mr. Peter Camilleri, master carpenter done for me a new sky light and some other carpenter work to my entire satisfaction and can recommend him to any who may require him for workmanship and good sheapers.
Captain of Schooner Yacht 'GINEVRA' of Cowes Isle of Wight
- This is to certify that Peter Camilleri & Co done all work required very reasonable and with great satisfaction and promptness doing a good deal of repairs to ship &c. enbleeding and deads eyes for lower rigging and can strongly recommend him as he has done my work well and quickly.
Master in charge of Schooner Yacht ‘NEREID’
- Messrs. Peter Camilleri and Son, Timber Merchants and Shipwrights in Malta have made a new mast, caulked deck, and many other repairs to the cutter yacht ‘LUNA’ R.T.Y.C (Regio Yacht Club Italiano) to my entire satisfaction. I have much pleasure to strongly recommend them for good material supplied, moderate charges and satisfactory manner of the work done.
Villino Partanna, Corso Olivuzza, Palermo